To help each child thrive in a digital-rich, diverse and globalised environment, TCE International school develops into them 21st Century Competencies and nurture them to become:
- A confident person who has a strong sense of right and wrong, is adaptable and resilient, knows himself, is discerning in judgment, thinks independently and critically, and communicates effectively;
- A self-directed learner who takes responsibility for their own learning, and questions, reflects and perseveres in the pursuit of learning;
- An active contributor who is able to work effectively in teams, exercises initiative, takes calculated risks, is innovative and strives for excellence; and
- A concerned citizen who is rooted to Thailand, has a strong civic consciousness, is informed about Thailand and the world, and takes an active role in improving the lives of others. Knowledge, skills and understanding
Primary English Syllabus
The English Language curriculum in TCEIS helps students become independent lifelong learners, creative thinkers and problem solvers who can communicate effectively in English. In the Primary English department, we use a mixture of old and new curriculums from Singapore to ensure that our students fulfil their potential. A gradual change over is occurring where we are updating the present curriculum to incorporate the Singapore STELLAR (Strategies for English Language Learning and Reading) curriculum. The current curriculum still has a lot to offer in terms of education, so during the update, we are taking elements from it and using them to ensure that we maintain our high standards.
At the end of their primary education, pupils are able to interact effectively in English. They are able to:
1) listen, speak, read, write and make presentations in internationally acceptable English that is grammatical and fluent
2) think through, interpret and evaluate fiction and non-fiction texts
3) interact effectively with people from their own or different cultures
Primary Mathematics Syllabus
Our Primary Mathematics Syllabus is based on the Singapore syllabus, with the use of mathematical modelling and application of heuristics.
The syllabus aims to enable all students to:
- Acquire mathematical concepts and skills for everyday and continuous learning in mathematics;
- Develop thinking, reasoning, communication, application and metacognitive skills through a mathematical approach to problem-solving
- Build confidence and foster interest in Mathematics
Primary Science Syllabus
Our Primary Science Syllabus is based on the Singapore syllabus where it serves as a basis for scientific studies at higher levels. This syllabus focuses on the need for a balance between the acquisition of science knowledge, process and attitudes by inculcating the spirit of scientific inquiry. Besides, the technological applications, social implications and the value aspects of science are also considered when relevant. It also emphasises the broad coverage of basic concepts in the natural and physical world.
The syllabus seeks to enable students to view the pursuit of science as meaningful and useful. Inquiry is thus grounded in knowledge, issues and questions that relate to the roles played by science in daily life, society and the environment. It also seeks to nurture the student as an inquirer on the grounds that children are curious about and want to explore the things around them. The science curriculum leverages on this to fuel this spirit of curiosity. The end goal is students who enjoy science and value science as an important tool to help them explore the natural and physical world.
Primary Chinese Syllabus
The Enhanced Primary Chinese curriculum in TCEIS is developed for students from various learning backgrounds based on the Singapore Chinese Language Syllabus. In this enhanced and differentiated Chinese Language curriculum, we will have four learning levels (Advanced Chinese / Mainstream Chinese / Functional Chinese / Conversational Chinese) to suit students’ needs and capabilities.
With this Enhanced Primary Chinese curriculum Students are enable to:
1) learn Chinese in the suitable level based on his or her capability.
2) engage more actively in Chinese lessons.
3) develop greater interest in learning Chinese.
4) develop language skills in tandem with inculcating humanistic values.
Primary Thai Language Syllabus
The Thai Syllabus is adapted from the MOE to cater to both native Thais and international students. Students will be able to appreciate the Thai Culture as the national heritage and the language of their host country. The Thai Language courses follows the guidelines and the requirements of Ministry of Education as well as complies with Standards of Office of National Education Standards and Quality Assessment (ONESQA). The study of Thai Language enables effective communication with others. The course is designed to help students to acquire a wide range of vocabulary and to develop practical language skills relevant to the student’s daily lives. There are 3 levels in Thai Language Course as Beginning, Intermediate and Advance Levels depending on the individual student’s language background and abilities.
Thai Language Course is designed to help students know, understand and also instill a sense of respect for the culture of the host country. It provides TCEIS students an understanding of Thailand, its people and rich cultural heritage which will make their stay in Thailand more productive. All Student should have opportunity to become competent communicators in Thai Language on their own or as a foreign language. The level of linguistic competence and effectiveness differ from native students and non - native students.